Has your house been sitting on the market for too long?
A LaFata renovation might be the key!
Whether the market is up or down, selling your home can be a daunting task. If you’re finding that "For Sale" sign on your lawn has overstayed its welcome, it may be time to consider a renovation project. A renovation can not only help expedite the sale, but it can also net you some extra cash for your efforts. You may be wondering which room you should start updating. The most used room in anyone’s house is a good place to start, the kitchen! Updating the kitchen to modern styling can help you make that pesky "For Sale" sign say "Sold". We've gathered some tips to help you get the ball rolling!
- Talk to your Real Estate Agent. Before tearing the walls down, make sure you do your due diligence to make sure this is the right move for you in your market. Your real estate agent should be able to give you some specifics on how much your home value can rise from taking on a renovation process.
- Keep it Simple. Don’t go into this project without setting a budget. Make a realistic plan for your renovation so you aren't caught shelling out cash for additions because you feel you have too. Something as simple as getting new cabinets and countertops can go a long way if done properly.
- Check Market Trends. The last thing you want to do is spend time and money on renovations only to find out you're still five years behind on what’s "in". Doing this can actually come back and hurt your chances of selling. Do some reconnaissance, check out recently sold local listings, and connect the dots to find similarities between what they have to offer. Attention to detail is important, you never know how big of an impact minor details (such as colors) can have! Which brings us to our next point...
- Stay Neutral. While your taste might be bold and unique colors, you can’t guarantee your potential buyers will share that taste. Color may seem like such a small thing, but it affects people in deep psychological ways. By "playing it safe" with neutral colors, you nearly eliminate the odds of negatively impacting someone’s tour of your home. Keeping it simple allows others with a taste like yours to view the walls as a canvas to mold to their liking later on.
We’d love to help transform your kitchen with you to get more buyers interested in your home! With custom hand-made LaFata Cabinets in your home, it will become one of the most talked about rooms in your home and hopefully get more offers on your table! To set up an appointment or talk to a sales rep, reach out to us!
Start a Winning Tradition with these Big Game tips!Whether you're throwing a Super Bowl party for the first time or you’re a seasoned veteran, it never hurts to step back and make sure you’re making preparations so you can enjoy the party as much as your guests! Check out these foolproof tips designed to help you pull off a successful and stress-free Game Day party.
- Technical Maintenance. It can truly be a disaster if game time rolls around and you start experiencing technical difficulties that could’ve been avoided with a little advanced planning. If you’re moving your TV somewhere other than it’s usual spot, do it early and test it. Once everything is in working order be sure to secure wires in place. No one wants the power cut off at an intense moment because of a loose wire.
- Seating Arrangements. If your default seating arrangement isn’t ideal moving furniture can be a bit of work, but the pay off is well worth it! The last thing you want to hear are complaints from your guests or have to give your own play-by-play because they can’t see the television.
- Keeping Guests Full and Hydrated. The amount of effort and money you want to put into food and beverages can vary. Crock Pot and No-cook foods are excellent choices as the quality doesn’t deteriorate from sitting out and you won't have to keep putting things away and taking them out as the game goes on. When it comes to beverages, ALWAYS make sure you have enough to last and don't forget the ice! Buy more than you think you’ll need; you’ll have a hard time finding a volunteer to leave in the middle of the game.
- Get festive! Decorate! You’d be surprised how much of a boost a few simple decorations can have on your party’s atmosphere. Besides the basic football themed plates, cups, and napkins; this is a great opportunity to get creative. Let your guests get involved too! Have a dry erase play-making board set up or black eye paint so every can get decked out like their favorite players.
- Have Procedures Lined Up. Preparing for some small hiccups can go a long way. Having items prepared for spills and accidents can derail any loss of momentum and keep the party running swimmingly.
Making sure you put the work in up front allows you to sit back with your guests and truly enjoy the experience you’ve laid out for them. If you find that something’s missing, you may be interested in adding a LaFata bar to your home for future gatherings. We’d love to hear from you and help make your place the number one spot for sporting events in the future!